Spanish School 4Kids is excited to announce we will open on June 1 for students enrolled in Summer Camp. At the direction of Texas Governor Abbott, we closed the school due to the coronavirus outbreak in mid-March, and we have remained closed since March 14, 2020.
Following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we will open our doors to students who are enrolled in our Summer Camp program. It will be critical for the health and safety of students and their families as well as teachers that everyone be diligent in following procedures designed to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
The following procedures will be in place.
- All students will be screened by school personnel each day at drop off. Entry will be denied to anyone meeting the following criteria:
- a temperature of 100.4 or above;
- signs of a respiratory infection, such as a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and low-grade fever;
- in the previous 14 days has had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19; is under investigation for COVID-19; or is ill with a respiratory illness; or
- in the previous 14 days has travelled internationally to countries with widespread, sustained community transmission (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/travelers/index.html).
- Children who are sick must stay home.
- Teachers who are sick will stay home.
- Parents and teachers will wear a face mask on school premises.
- Teachers and students will wash hands with soap and water frequently throughout the day.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of school premises and toys.
- All persons except the following will be prohibited from accessing the school facility: operation staff, persons with legal authority to enter, professionals providing services to children, children enrolled at the operation, and parents who have children enrolled and present at the operation.